Minimalism is becoming more popular, but many people are still afraid to try it because they are afraid that it might be too simple and too boring for their taste. However, a quick Pinterest search for “minimalist homes” will show you that minimalism in your living space is anything but boring and boring as long as you know how to spice up your space with the right colors and decor. Here are our best tips on how to spice up your minimalist space.
- Take into account the functions of the individual elements – The key to less clutter in your home, while still fully decorated and furnished, is to use items that are not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye but also strategically functional. A statement chair that you can use to relax, an art deco-inspired humidifier and a beautiful wax lamp that also serves as the centerpiece for your coffee table or bedside table are just a few examples of useful and pretty items.
- Provide good lighting – When it comes to creating a beautifully decorated, minimalist home, lighting is key. You want to create a bright, clean, and inviting look, and the right amount of light is critical to achieve this. You can get natural light through large windows or opt for blinds instead of curtains. As far as artificial light is concerned, there are tons that also serve as decorative parts. All you really have to do is make your choice.
- Texture with textile – If you feel that your home feels a bit too bare and minimal, you can always play around with the texture to give it a more cozy and inviting look. Fur carpets, crocheted blankets on the couch, an embroidered piece of wall art, and interesting pillow cases are just a few of the best ways to add texture to your home.
- Don’t be afraid of monochrome – A monochromatic color scheme for your home can work wonders if you want to achieve a simple and clean look. Black and white is such a classic combination and fits almost every topic at home, be it Scandinavian, classic, modern, industrial or whatever.
- Enliven the room with plants – Plants are great for bringing life to an apparently dead and boring room. A little green here and there can do a lot of good for your minimalist home. And don’t worry that you have to keep a real plant alive. There are tons of fake plants that look as good as the real ones. More tips on how to liven up your room with plants can be found here.